Six things you may not know about me!
1. I now create vintage inspired Postcards and Prints and sell them in my Etsy Shop. (The Fairy Wren Cottage Etsy Shop.)
2. All the photos are taken here in the garden at Fairy Wren Cottage. Together with my husband and daughter Liliana, we tend the garden and grow everything I take photos of.
3. Our garden is bee friendly. Wildlife friendly. Bird friendly. An old fashioned rambling garden inspired by the gardens I spent time in as a child. Joy, Gwen, Edna, Wendy, Nanna Burns, Nanna Hardy, Aunty Jean’s – all these gardens, all these strong, resilient women. Farmhouse gardens, country gardens and a tiny pocket size city garden, all beautiful in their own way because of the women who cared for them.
4. One of my favourite things is watching chickens drinking because they are so in the moment. (Bet you didn’t expect to read that today!)
5. It’s nearly eleven years since the prong of the metal garden rake went completely through my hand and changed my life forever. Everything from how I dress to my family cutting up my meals for me. I could tell you about the things I can no longer do but I would rather talk about the things I can do.
6. One of the things I wanted to be when I grew up was a country train driver. This maybe the reason why Liliana had several toy train sets when she was little.
I also wanted to be a shopkeeper, since I was five when my sister and I would play “shops” at the back of our parents Milkbar. And now I am a Shopkeeper, life has a way of working out.
Much Love, Jude x
Six things about me.
October 25, 2023