Five things you may not know about Fairy Wren Cottage.
1. The property was originally called Valley View. We changed it to Fairy Wren Cottage for a few reasons. One reason was a new housing development went in behind our previous home and the estate was called Valley View. The name Valley View reminded us of that estate by association. We always knew that the property would be called Fairy Wren Cottage, but that is a story for another day.
2. From the top left hand corner of the property to the bottom right hand corner of the property there is a 6-7 metre difference. While it doesn’t especially feel steep, it defintely isn’t a flat parcel of land.
3. We are located on the side of a hill in the Huon Valley, Tasmania, Australia. Apparently the most googled question about Fairy Wren Cottage is – where is it located.
4. When we shifted in Michael couldn’t break the ground with a crow bar. It was a huge gardening shock for me. Our previous garden was planted in a paddock, rich volcanic soil, anything and everything grew in it. For years there had either been horses or cattle on the land after it was cleared.
5. We do rely on town water and use tank water as a back up to keep our water bills down. There are plans to add more water tanks. Unfortunately no bore water, well or natural spring.
To read more about our garden, you are very welcome to download my free ebooks here or you can read them on Trove, the National Libraries of Australia website. www.trove.nla.gov.au
Sending Light and Love,
Download my free ebooks and the community made ebooks here
5 things about the garden at Fairy Wren Cottage.
October 21, 2022